Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween 2007

On the left is Viv's pumpkin. She drew on the eyes and nose just like you see, and I carved them and made her the scary mouth she requested. Naomi's Picasso face was her own creation, carved by dad. Elora traced on her face and carved it herself. We sang our pumpkin song after carving:
Pick a pick a pumpkin from the pile
We can make his eyes and a great big smile
Pick a pick a pumpkin round and clean
Then we'll be ready for Halloween
Glow in the dark Levi is guarding the trunk-or-treat candy
One Halloween fairy, one regular princess, and one angel
She's got her sweetie and I've got mine!
Five treats in the trunk

A Halloween spelling story:
One night after the kids went to bed Daniel got creative with the soft wax in our orange pumpkin-pie scented candle. He wrote
"Happy Hollow Weenies".
I wonder if he suspected I'd report him to the general assembly of friends and family. Anyway, the next morning Elora was eating breakfast near the centerpiece candle and asked,
"Does dad even know how to spell Halloween?"
I just said
"Nope".

No comments: